Indice del forum

medicina

medicina

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

I've noticed a big shift away from traditional horror r
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
earasryhqaey

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: Mar Gen 14, 06:26:41    Oggetto:  I've noticed a big shift away from traditional horror r
Descrizione:

I've noticed a big shift away from traditional horror recently
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
, in books, shorts and in subs to E2M.

What's happened to the werewolves, devils, demons, ghosts
, vamps and other nasties?

Some claim that the above has been done to death. Do you think so? Can anything really be "done to death"?

I don't think so. Sure there are thousands of traditional horror in the written field these days as there were 20, 50, 100 years ago. But, the way I see it is that every book is written by 'a person' whose experiences and culture is different to others. People have not lived my life and have not had the exact same experiences as me and sure as hell don't see everything the same way I do.

There's always something that can be added, changed
, twisted.

Vampires: Man gets bit, becomes vampire, bites others. Hmmm. That's an idea of an outline. It isn't a story. The story is what happens before and after the mentioned incident. If it wasn't, Ann Rice would be working in McDonalds.

Zombies: Done to Death? Resident Evil (Biohazard), 28 days later and others.

Werewolves: Night of the Werewolf
, Blood of the Wolf, American werewolf in London, American werewolf in Paris.

If the writer can think 'outside of the box', a new reason for the story involving one or the other can be found in the real life around us, and even better
, our dark imagination of what if...

Zombie story: A Middle-East country drops a chemical bomb on the US, England or little ole New Zealand. Creates a world of Zombies, especially when retaliation occurs. Now we just need a few subplots and perhaps a way to clean the world. Just don't use a government experiment to create the zombies.

Werewolves: A camper is digging a toilet in the forest. While digging, something scratches him, he checks it out and sees a pointed tooth
, digging further he finds the skull, a medallion and a silver bullet lying in the ribcage. Now it's up to the writer to add new elements from hisher imagination of "what if...?"

Ain't nothing dead in my opinion. Spielberg found a cool way to make a dinosaur movie.

Richard Lee is the author of the acclaimed novel, 'Blood of the Wolf'. His latest book, Re-Entry of Evil has just been released. Details of his books and his thoughts on writing can be found at this website along with many other resources, links
, book and DVD reviews, articles on the writing life.

He is a column writer for Camp Horror, and has edited 6 anthologies to date and is the editor at Sinisteria Horror Magazine. People seek automotive storage solutions for many different reasons. Some have collector's vehicles and don't want their special vehicle kept outside where it will be exposed to the everyday elements. Some have too many vehicles in their driveway and need to free up some room. Some may have a vehicle that they only drive during the warmer months and won't drive during the cooler months.

Whatever the case may be when it comes time to store your vehicle there are basically three ways in which you can. The type of vehicle storage that will be right for you will all depend on how nice your vehicle is and how much money you want to spend. The three levels of vehicle storage are:

1. Climate Controlled: This is the nicest way to store your vehicle and also the most costly. That is because the vehicle will be fully enclosed and the storage unit in which it will be in will be a steady temperature. So your vehicle will be protected from cold, heat, and most importantly moisture.

2. Non Climate Controlled: Running a little cheaper is non climate controlled storage for your vehicle. While the vehicle will be fully enclosed it will not be protected from the hot or cold and many times being inside environment can amplify the overall temperature. This can lead to a buildup of moisture which can prove to be harmful to your vehicle. If you choose to store in a non climate controlled unit
, be sure to park the vehicle over plastic sheeting. This will keep and moisture that seeps into the concrete from effecting the underside of the vehicle. You can also use moisture absorbing materials for the front and rear floorboards so that your vehicle won't smell musty once you take it out of storage.

3. Outside Storage: This is the cheapest level of automotive storage but also exposed your vehicle to all the elements. Rain, sun, snow, you name it. If this is the direction you are heading with storage, then you should invest in a high quality breathable vehicle cover.

No matter how you choose to store your vehicle you need to be sure to prepare it properly. Here a few things to consider doing before you store your vehicle:

聲 Gas Up: Fill the gas tank and then add some fuel stabilizer if the vehicle will be stored for an extended period of time. This will keep any old gasoline from gunking up and causing havoc on internal parts leaving you with one hefty repair bill. While some will say to drain the fuel tank
, this will still leave you with moisture, and moisture is not your vehicle's friend.

聲 Check Fluids: You should also be sure to check all the fluid levels of the vehicle and change the oil. This will have your vehicle full of vital fluids and ensure that moisture has nowhere to form.

聲 Remove Battery: Once your vehicle is parked in storage it is a good idea to remove the battery and store it separately. Be sure it is being stored in a climate controlled environment.

Once you decide on how you want to store your vehicle the last step in the process is finding a place to do so. Be sure to call several storage facilities and get prices while you are on the phone. Because you are storing a vehicle be sure that the storage facility is in a location that is not prone to a lot of crime.

Storing your vehicle is something that you may at one point find yourself having to do. Knowing what to loo.
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Mar Gen 14, 06:26:41    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: